call for proposals
Proposals will be received until September 10th, and you can submit more than a single talk, but submitting the same talk twice won't make any difference. You can fill the form in English or Spanish.
Feel free to choose any topic for your talk, you can speak about any subject of your interest. For inspiration, we have compiled the following list of topics:
- Crazy Ideas and Hacks
- Mobile JS
- Embedded JS
- Hardware JS
- Fundamentals, in a modern light
- And finally: Whatever the hell you want; this is your conference
Nevertheless, if you are planning to give a workshop, this is a list of topics we would like to have covered.
- Web performance
- MVC Frameworks
- Ecmascript 6
- Debugging and profiling techniques
- Realtime web (WebRTC, websockets, server sent events, etc)
- CSS3 magic
- Web Components (Polymer.js)
- NodeBots / Hardware Hacking
- Visualization (d3.js, three.js, etc)
These are some of the benefits you receive as a speaker for JSConf Colombia:
- Entrance to the conference. If you are planning to attend, no matter the result of your application for speaking or giving a workshop, we strongly suggest you buy your ticket ahead of time before they run out or increase in price. In case of being selected, we will refund your ticket.
- Special invitation to the speakers dinner. If you are selected as a speaker or to conduct a workshop, you will be invited to a private dinner with all speakers, volunteers and organizers.
The Selection Process
This is how we will select the proposals:
- Originality of the talk. We really want to offer the best content, we don't want the same talks given by the same people. Feel free to give it a creative and out of the box touch.
- Topic and content driven. It doesn't matter who you are, what we'll take in to account will be the topic and description of your talk or workshop.
- We will have two rounds of voting. The team in charge of the selection of the speakers are: Camilo Aguilar, Julián Duque, John Acosta, and David Avellaneda.
- All will be rated from 0 to 10. Then the top 10 will be rated from 0 to 5.
- Workshops won't be mixed with talks. So don't worry, if you send a proposal for a workshop, you will only compete between workshop, and viceversa.